Health And Safety Policies
Our response to the Covid-19
COVID-19 Pandemic Health And Safety Policies
Our Opening Hours May Change Subject To Local And National Restrictions. Local authority and national government will override our normal hours.
Your wellbeing is important to us, please note we have introduced new measures into our restaurants, including social distancing, enhanced cleaning and hand sanitiser stations. If you or any of your party are feeling unwell, especially if you have a high temperature, a new persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell, please contact us to change your booking. For more information on our response to COVID-19.
As a restaurant bar we have:
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Keep a temporary record of your customers and visitors for 21 days
- Lower capacity
- Stagger entry times and manage queues
- Use clear signage and guidance
- Establish clear rules for customer toilets
- Communicate with your customers
Cleaning our restaurant
High standards of cleanliness are imperative and we have employed upgraded and more frequent cleaning before and after opening. We have to establish cleaning procedures and ensure sufficient hand sanitiser facilities are in place before we open.
With your help:
- We ask all our guests to wear a face covering and sanitise their hands.
- It may be the case that you will have to queue so we thank you for your patience. You will be greeted when you arrive and looked after while you wait for your table.
- Please observe social distancing at all times to keep yourself and others safe. It is our guests responsibility to ensure they are keeping to their social distancing bubble.
- Optional food and drinks menu can be digital so you can view with your smartphone.
- We have hand sanitisers placed around the restaurant for guests to use.
- We ask all of our younger guests under the age of 10 to remain seated at all times.
What we have done:
- We have conducted and completed a risk assessment to present the controls we have taken to make the restaurant a safe environment.
- All our front of house and back of house teams have PPE readily available to them and are asked to wear them at all times.
- We have reduced the number of tables and chairs in the restaurants to ensure social distancing between guests.